Taxes, License, Fees & Fines
Lawrenceburg 2020Property Taxes are Due and Payable Online
The City of Lawrenceburg is proud to announce to city taxpayers and lending institutes you can search taxes online. You do not have to pay online, this is a tool for research as well as payment.
Please note that when searching using name type last name first and when searching by address only use street name before entering numbers. Note: Street, Avenue and Circle may be abbreviated in some or all cases. Taxes are due and payable from October 1 to February 28, 2021. After February there will be a penalty of 1.5% added monthly until payment is made. On April 1, 2021(unpaid 2020taxes) will be sent to the county as delinquent. This transfer to the Clerk and Master will cost city taxpayers additional interest and legal fees.
Thank you for using our website for information.
Penalties for Late Payments
The City Administrator's Office is responsible for the collection of all city property taxes and personal property taxes. Taxes are due and payable without penalty from October 1st through February 28th, partial payments are accepted. If payment is not received by February 28th, penalty and interest will be added starting at 1.5% through the end of March. An additional 1.5% will be added for each month that the tax goes unpaid. If taxes remain unpaid through March 31st of the following year, they are turned over to the Clerk and Master for collection on May 1st.
Property Tax Tips
- $1.4368 per $100 value - Real and Personal Property
- Commercial and Industrial personal property calculated at 30% value
- Commercial and Industrial property calculated at 40% value
- Pay property taxes by mail, at City Hall, or online
- Public Service Tax (Ad Valorem) is calculated at 55% value
- Residential property calculated at 25% value
The City of Lawrenceburg participates in the State Property Tax Relief Program. This program provides property owners meeting certain qualifications relief on a portion of their property taxes if they meet the following eligibility requirements. A homeowner may be eligible for City of Lawrenceburg property tax relief on the property where they reside (which must be their principal residence) for:
- An elderly homeowner who will be at least 65 years of age by December 31st of the tax year for which they are applying, and the gross income from the previous year of all owners of the property and from all sources does not exceed the state limit.
- A disabled homeowner who is 100% totally and permanently disabled, and the gross income of all owners and sources for the previous year does not exceed the state limit.
- A disabled veteran homeowner with 100% total and permanent service-connected disability which resulted in the loss or loss of use of both arms, or both legs, or eyes, including industrial blindness; or 100% total and permanent disability from having served as a prisoner of war for at least five months; or 100% total and permanent disability from combat-related injuries; and have a letter from the Veteran's Administration stating your condition. Note: There is no income or age requirement for a qualified veteran.
- A widow or widower of a disabled veteran homeowner who was married to and living in the residence with the veteran who was receiving tax relief or was qualified to receive tax relief at the time of death. Spouses cannot qualify if they remarry. Note: There is no income or age requirement for a qualified widow(er).
- Beer Permits
- $250.00 non-refundable application fee - to be paid with certified or cashiers check
- Renewed annually
- Building Permits
- Charged according to cost of construction
- Issued for short term usage
- Demolition Fee
- $50.00 for the demolition of any building or structure up to 100,000 cubic feet
- House Moving Permit
- $100 for the moving of any building or structure
- Transient Vendor Permits
- $55.00 for a 14 day permit
The City Court Clerk works from within the Police Department, handling all traffic citations, parking tickets, and city ordinance violations according to the Judge's decree. Currently presiding over the Municipal Court is Judge Ben Boston. Municipal Court is held the first, second, and third Friday of each month beginning at 8 a.m.
Driving School Option
The Judge may offer traffic offenders the option of attending Driving School. This school is held in the City Administration Building. The date of the next class will be made available to potential participants at their Traffic Court session. The cost of the school is $50.00 and last approximately 4 hours.
Cost, Fees, and Fines
All court cost, fees, and fines are payable to the City Court Clerk located in the Lawrenceburg Police Department.
The City of Lawrenceburg has adopted the State of Tennessee Business Act (TCA Title 67 Taxes and Licenses). This requires anyone operating a business within the City of Lawrenceburg with an annual gross income of more that $3,000 (contractors $50,000) to obtain a City Business License. Applications can be picked up at the front counter of City Hall. Upon receipt of your completed application, we will collect a fee of $15 and issue you a business license. Business licenses are renewed annually, with the percentage of your gross receipts (privilege tax) to be paid along with the renewal. Renewal dates and percentage rates are determined by the type of business you are conducting.
Please fill out the Business Tax form above and return to:
City of Lawrenceburg
25 Public Square
Lawrenceburg, TN 38464
The Total Initial Business License fee is $15
For any questions concerning your business license please contact the personnel at the front window of City Hall. 931-762-4459.