|Upon a motion by
Commissioner Gowen and a second by Commissioner Pulley, the minutes of
the April 5, 2001 meeting were approved.
Mayor Lay announced the City of Lawrenceburg will be closed Friday in observance of Good Friday and the Easter Holiday.
Mayor Lay also extended sympathy to the family of Dempsey Holder. The passing of previous Commissioner of Safety, Dempsey Holder is a loss to this community.
Commissioner Gowen stated that Springer Road is complete, except for the striping, which should occur next week.
Commissioner Gowen also announced that the brush pick up for Lawrenceburg has been organized into routes, (unpublicized) with all available trucks working the same quadrant. No brush should be on any city street for more than two weeks, hopefully less. Commissioner Gowen asked citizens to please hold their phone calls for brush pick-up.
Attorney Holt was in attendance for Attorney Betz.
There were six resolutions for consideration:
1. #01-12-4A - To accept the bid for rear loaders from CMI Equipment Sales, in the amount of $182,279.00 for two. Motion to approve was made by Commissioner Gowen, with a second by Commissioner Lindsey. Motion passed.
2. #01-12-4B - To approve an appropriation to the Shelter in the amount of $6,000.00 as a non-profit organization. Motion to approve was made by Commissioner Lindsey, with a second by Commissioner Pulley. Motion passed.
3. #01-12-4C - To accept the bid from Tennessee Meter & Supply, Inc. for water meters in the amount of $10,000.00. Motion to approve was made by Commissioner Pulley, with a second by Commissioner Gowen. Motion passed.
4. #01-12-4D - to apply for a Safety Grant from the Governors Highway Safety Office in the amount of $150,000.00 for Child Passenger Safety Project, for the year 2002. Motion to approve was made by Commissioner Lindsey, with a second by Commissioner Pulley. Motion passed.
5. #01-12-4E - To enter transfer of funds to the LGIP Account for the Prosser Avenue Bridge Project, in the amount of $70,000.00. Motion to approve was made by Commissioner Gowen, with a second by Commissioner Lindsey. Motion passed.
6. #01-12-4F - To enter into a contract with HPGP Partners, LLP, a Tennessee Limited Liability Partnership, to purchase real estate located at 2009 Liberty Avenue to house the Gas, Water & Sewer Utility Departments, in the amount of $430,000.00. Motion to approve was made by Commissioner Pulley, with a second by Commissioner Lindsey. Motion passed.
Jack Cheatwood of Main Street Lawrenceburg made a presentation to the Commission. Mr. Cheatwood informed the Commission on the status of Main Street, thanked everyone for their support and asked for continued support on their projects.
21st Century Director, Don Howell informed the Commission of his recent attendance at the American Automotive Conference in Nashville. He stated he became educated on the new way the automotive industry will be doing business. He informed the Commission that Saturn made the statement that their move to Spring Hill, Tennessee was the best move they ever made. They were very impressed with the work ethic and people in Tennessee. Mr. Howell stated that we could pay One Million Dollars and not get that kind of publicity.
Mr. Howell stated that he is working with several local industries on expansion and several other prospects. He and the Mayor will be in Los Angels in two weeks meeting with prospects.
Local citizen, L. B. Bryant addressed the Commission concerning the proposed Charter. He was on the original Charter Committee and stated that this charter is better than the one they came up with, and encouraged the Commission to vote on it.
With no further business to come before the board a motion was made by Commissioner Gowen, with a second by Commissioner Pulley to adjourn. Motion passed, meeting adjourned.